Bernardo Wills Architects is hiring! We are seeking a candidate with great attentiveness to others, patience, and positivity to join our team. The Office Manager is central to the success of Bernardo Wills and upholds the high level of service our clients have come to expect. Do you know anyone that would be a great fit? Please share with them
Bernardo Wills Architects is hiring! We are seeking a candidate with great attentiveness to others, patience, and positivity to join our team. The Office Manager is central to the success of Bernardo Wills and upholds the high level of service our clients have come to expect.
This job is primarily about people. Great attentiveness to others is required: an ability to read people, to listen to them, and to empathize with them. You must be able to form relationships with others quickly and comfortably to gain their enthusiasm and cooperation. As Office Manager, you will interact with colleagues at every level, within every department, every day and must do so with patience and positivity. You understand that a personalized experience makes individuals feel special and valued, and you feel personally fulfilled by giving others that personalized experience.
We will rely on you to make a good first impression for Bernardo Wills Architects. Each contact you have, whether on the phone or in person, must be handled in a way that positively spreads our reputation. You’ll be in the public eye and may have to deal with difficult situations, so you can’t be shy. You must have a spirit of hospitality, good telephone skills, diplomacy, and discretion. You will be responsible for greeting visitors and offering the warm welcome that they have come to expect from us.
Flexibility is one of the most important traits of our Office Manager. You will be responsible for a variety of jobs and must be able to bounce between them with ease. You can handle several tasks at the same time, prioritizing the most important tasks and completing all assigned work to a high standard. You take initiative and make decisions with no fear. You enjoy wearing many hats and understand that there isn’t a “typical” day in this job.
At Bernardo Wills Architects we strive to be “people for others,” and the Office Manager is no exception. You play a big part of setting the tone for the office with your attitude and personality. In many ways, your demeanor is at the center of morale. You must be emotionally intelligent and self-aware. Regardless of the emotions and attitudes of others, you need to take it in stride, stay composed, and be resilient.
As the Office Manager you will:
- Provide administrative support to the entire office.
- Manage all front office activities including reception, phones, mail, purchasing, meetings, scheduling, equipment, and filing.
- Provide backup to the business manager and project accountant for AR/AP, payroll, and banking activities.
- Assist with producing and packaging proposals and marketing packages.
- Assist project managers with routine correspondence and technical documents.
- Assist with new employee onboarding and orientation.
- Coordinate continuing education opportunities for technical and professional staff.
- Assist with day-to-day facilities operations and maintain professional appearance of office common spaces.
- Assist with event planning, coordinating Friday breakfast, and group lunches.
- Represent us with a high level of professionalism and integrity.
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- Warm, helpful, friendly.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Able to find answers with minimal input from others.
- Discrete in both your personal and professional life.
- Collaborative team player with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, incorporate feedback, and pay attention to detail in spite of frequent interruptions and distractions.
- Computer literacy is essential! Expert in Office 365, Bluebeam, and online meeting platforms (GoTo Meeting, Zoom, MS Teams).
- Considerate of others, places high value on resolving conflicts and maintaining relationships.